Saturday, April 2, 2022

Little Red Truck


I admit, I am not fond of all those "Little Red Truck" décor items. 

All these "Little Truck" items remind me of my childhood. When  I was about 12 years old, more or less, I met my Grandfather for the first time.  He had left my Grandmother and Mom when she was very young and she was 32, when she found him. (It's a long story)  After a few visits, He found out we needed a car, or really, anything that would get us around town and out to visit him and his family the (Step mother and that part of the family) All he had that he could "let go of" was a 1847 Orange truck, with a bench seat . There really was not enough room for the four of us in that cab, and since my Older brother was tall enough to see over the dash and help mom "See" things, like deer or road signs, he got to ride "UP Front" and since my younger brother was around 7, and not one to follow directions for very long, he also got to sit "Up Front".  But since I was the middle child, and would know to stay flat on my bottom, and up by the cab, I had to ride in the back of the truck, almost all the time. If I sat up front in bad weather, my younger brother had to sit on my lap, and hi was very skinny and would not sit still so it felt like he was grinding his skinny bones in even further with each bump in the road. I was not even allowed a pillow to cushion  between us. So most all the rides were not very comfortable for me.

The rolled sides of the back of the truck was unique for the 1960's.  


Billie C.

 I Live in Tennessee.
Garden zone 7b
 

No comments:

Post a Comment